This is an interdisciplinary MA programme, which explores and critiques the importance of translation in contemporary society.
Students with a background in two languages French, German, Irish, Italian or Spanish will consolidate and extend their translation skills between these languages and English, and will also gain an appreciation of the centrality of translation in critical debates on intercultural communication.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Graduates have gone on to pursue careers in a range of fields, including the civil service, teaching, translation and human resources.
- Beyond the honing of translation skills, students will develop a range of transferable skills through collaborative tasks and presentations at various stages of the course.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Second Class Honors NQAI Level 8 degree or equivalent, with Second Class Honors Grade 2 or equivalent in each language.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates have gone on to pursue careers in a range of fields, including the civil service, teaching, translation and human resources. Beyond the honing of translation skills, students will develop a range of transferable skills through collaborative tasks and presentations at various stages of the course.