Founded in 2002, the MSc Strategy, Innovation and People Management (SIPM) is a broad-based programme integrated around the three meta-factors critical for success in the digital, knowledge-based, global economy.
NEW WORK INTERNSHIPS FEATURE: Internship (up to 6 Months) incorporating an Applied Research Project:
The programme provides a thorough conceptual grounding in theory (both seminal and current) combined with applied understanding and analysis of practice. The MSc SIPM fosters critical thinking, develops long-term career capabilities and equips graduates to work in a wide variety of roles in a broad range of industry settings. The MSc SIPM is accredited at the Advanced Standards Level (the highest achievable) by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), the largest professional HR body globally.
CIPD Accredited: The MSc in Strategy, Innovation and People Management is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) at the advanced standards level. On successful completion of the programme, students are eligible for Associate Membership of CIPD. After graduation, as they build professional experience, they can progress through the professional stages of CIPD membership from Chartered Member to Chartered Fellow
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Internships may be in areas such as, but not limited to, HR, Business Analysis, Business Support, Operations, Distribution, Innovation, Logistics, Import/Export, Brexit Preparation, GDPR, Sales, Process Analysis, Lean Analysis and Implementation. The internships are typically suited to students with limited professional experience. Whilst students will be supported by a Placement Officer, students may also self-source their own internship subject to the approval of the Placement Office. We will secure internship opportunities, but it is at the discretion of employers whether they shortlist and offer a position to applicants. In case a student cannot secure an internship, a research project must be completed.
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- A large range of professional and management positions, in a wide variety of industry settings and in leading, blue-chip, global organisations.
- Employers of previous graduates of the programme include; Accenture, AIB Capital Markets, Aldi, Amazon, Bank of Ireland, Dalata, Diageo.
- Positions include graduate management trainee programmes, financial services and business analysis, management consultancy, retail management, human resource management, policy development and research, and academia.
- The internships are typically suited to students with limited professional experience. Whilst students will be supported by a Placement Officer, students may also self-source their own internship subject to the approval of the Placement Office.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Normally a Second Class Honors undergraduate degree, usually a Grade 1, or a H2.1 in the Higher Diploma in Business Studies, is required (or equivalent international qualification). Practical experience providing exposure to the strategic, innovation and human resource issues confronting organisations would be an advantage.
• A one-minute video outlining why you wish to study for an MSc SIPM, what your career plans are and why we should select you for the programme (See instructions below).
• Curriculum Vitae.
• A written personal statement must be included with all applications.
• In addition, an interview may form part of the selection process for the programme.
• IELTS score of 6.5 if relevant.
As part of your application to this Programme please create a one minute video of yourself answering the following three questions (This can be filmed using your mobile phone camera):
1. Why do I want to pursue the MSc SIPM at NUI Galway?
2. Why should I be selected for the MSc SIPM Programme?
3. What are my career aspirations?
Instructions for submitting the video as part of your application:
1. Create a URL for your video: by uploading your video to Youtube as an unlisted video – this means that only those with access to the URL generated will be able to view the video.
2. Share the URL of your video: by copying and pasting the link into a word document. Submit this document to the NUI Galway Application system as part of your application (note: please ensure the URL link is valid and the video plays when clicked/pasted into a browser).
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
A large range of professional and management positions, in a wide variety of industry settings and in leading, blue-chip, global organisations. Positions include graduate management trainee programmes, financial services and business analysis, management consultancy, retail management, human resource management, policy development and research, and academia.
Employers of previous graduates of the programme include; Accenture, AIB Capital Markets, Aldi, Amazon, Bank of Ireland, Dalata, Diageo, Dell, Deloitte, Enterprise Ireland (New York), Google, IDA Ireland, Jumeirah Hotels (Dubai), Mazars, Mercer Consulting, Cambridge University (PhD), NUI Galway (PhD), Oracle, Qaultrics, University of Limerick.