The MPH Nutrition programme in UCD has been developed to offer multi-disciplinary training and development in Public Health Nutrition, emphasizing the application of food and nutrition knowledge, policy, and research to the improvement of population health.
• Knowledge of the factors influencing health status.
• The epidemiological skills of study design and analysis.
• A proper understanding of the Public Health function.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The Masters in Public Health (MPH) is an internationally recognised degree which provides education and training in the core disciplines of Public/Population Health i.e. Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Health Education & Behavioural Sciences.
- This specialised MPH degree provides the skills to work in an international environment, in surveillance, emerging infectious and chronic diseases globally and health policy with international relevance.
- The perspectives and skills acquired are important to both employers and employees in Public Health.
- Students take the core modules and a selection of modules from the optional list appropriate to their discipline.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
This programme is intended for Graduates of Health Science degree programmes (Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition, Nursing, or other), Science degree programmes (Biology, Biochemistry, Food Science, Physiology, Pharmacology, or other) or Social Science degree programmes (Psychology, Sociology, Economics, or other) preferably with a 2.1 Award or higher. Awards of 2:2 or less may be considered with additional suitability credentials. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of the highest level of mathematics achieved in prior education.
• Applicants to this programme should apply to the general MPH programme. Further information is available online.
• Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.
• These are the minimum entry requirements additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing center closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
As UCD has a globally acclaimed reputation in the area of Public Health, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in a wide range of careers in the Public Health sector.
Many of our former students hold significant posts in Public Health in various parts of the world. MPH Graduates include, for example, Consultants in Public Health Medicine, University Professors and Ministry of Health Medical Officers.