A particular feature of this programme is a balanced approach to musical and technological topics.
Musically, a strong emphasis is placed on the development of adaptable compositional skills, while technological topics are addressed from both a hands-on workstation/studio exposure and a fundamental mathematical and scientific basis, which focuses on musically relevant issues.
The programme covers a wide range of subjects within the general field of music technology, and provide students with a fully professional qualification. The programme can be taken full-time over a 12 month period or part-time over a 24 month period.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Trinity is the #1 ranked university in Ireland
- Students can work during studies
- Ireland is consistently voted one of the safest and friendliest cities in the world.
- One of the only European countries to provide a 2 year graduate work visa.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Musical/compositional/artistic and/or technological ability as evidenced by a portfolio submission
Formal musical knowledge – ideally level 5/6
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
Special Entry Requirements