The MSc is a 12-month, 90 ECTS Level 9 Masters in Mechanical Engineering, which will take engineering (BE) and closely-related graduates to an advanced level of mechanical engineering capability, focusing on advanced design, analysis, materials and manufacture via state-of-the-art technology.
The programme is designed to meet the international demand for Level 9 qualifications. This course offers a broad range of advanced engineering modules, including advanced applied mathematics and advanced computational modelling, as well as industry-specific advanced modules in manufacturing technology, offshore engineering, energy and medical device development and materials. A substantial 12-month research thesis allows the students to implement new research skills developed within a specially-designed module on engineering research methods, including publication of the research findings. Each MSc project focuses on a current ‘hot topic’ in mechanical engineering industry and is carried out in collaboration with industry partners.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- This course offers a broad range of advanced engineering modules, including advanced applied mathematics and advanced computational modelling, as well as industry-specific.
- Mechanical engineering industry (e.g., power generation, renewable energy, machine tool manufacture, equipment manufacture)
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Individuals must have Second Class Honors, Grade 1 (H2.1), in a Level 8 engineering degree in a related discipline, or equivalent, from a recognized university or third-level college.
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
• Mechanical engineering industry (e.g., power generation, renewable energy, machine tool manufacture, equipment manufacture, transport and aerospace industry, traditional and advanced manufacturing industries, offshore oil and gas industry)
• Biomedical engineering industry (e.g., medical device research and development)
• Engineering management
• Software (engineering) development
• Engineering consultancy
• Further advanced research (e.g., PhD)