HDipAppSc: A diploma in Mathematics bridges the gap between a four-year mathematics programme, and one that has a substantial mathematical component, but that is not to the same level as an honors degree.
It opens opportunities to taught and research Masters programmes, as well as the many career options open to Mathematics graduates Participating students are given the opportunity to develop their skills in different areas of mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, and mathematical modelling by taking advanced level courses. They study five courses each semester chosen from a catalogue of appropriate courses. They also undertake a supervised project working in close collaboration with an academic member of staff during which they are trained in various research techniques and gain an insight into some current area of Applied Mathematics research. At the end of this programme successful students will have an equivalent level of knowledge and experience as a student who has completed a BSc (Applied Mathematics).
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
9 Months Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- A higher diploma in Mathematics is a flexible 9-month programme that bridges the gap between a four-year mathematics programme and one that has a substantial mathematical component, but that is not to the same level as an honours degree.
- It opens opportunities to taught and research Masters programmes, as well as the many career options open to Mathematics graduates.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Higher Diploma: students should hold a bachelor’s degree involving at least 35 ECTS of appropriate mathematics or applied mathematics modules or equivalent.
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Recent graduates have found employment in the education sector and the financial and actuarial industries, and have pursued Master’sand PhD degrees in Mathematics.