This bridges the gap between four-year programmes with a substantial mathematical component, and those that are broader in focus or shorter in duration.
It opens opportunities to taught and research Master’s programmes, as well as the many career options available to Mathematics graduates.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
9 Months Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- This bridges the gap between four-year programmes with a substantial mathematical component, and those that are broader in focus or shorter in duration.
- It opens opportunities to taught and research Master’s programmes, as well as the many career options available to Mathematics graduates.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
- Higher diploma students should hold a bachelor’s degree involving at least 35 ECTS of appropriate mathematics or applied mathematics modules or equivalent.
- Masters’ students should hold a bachelor’s degree, involving a significant mathematical component at upper second-class honors level.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
School Placement: Throughout each of the two years of the programme students have two school placements (one per year). Students are responsible for securing their own school placement for PME Year 1 prior to registration on the programme. The requirements for the PME Year 1 placement are outlined in the FAQs document (see ‘Find Out More’ link). Please note: All students registering on the PME will be subject to Garda Vetting in compliance with the University’s policy.