The Executive MBA at the J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics is one of the leading MBA programmes in the country.
The NUI Galway Executive MBA recently attained AMBA accreditation which is the global mark of excellence for MBA education. The following are some of the distinguishing features of our MBA:
• Real-world learning including company-based consultancy projects
• Research-led teaching by key faculty with real-world business experience and international research reputations
• Continuing personal and professional development tailored to each student with one-to-one coaching from top business leaders
• MBA Distinguished Lecturer Series featuring leading international academic and business experts
• Flexibility to tailor the programme to your requirements
• Community-based learning in charitable and voluntary organisations providing opportunities for learning through civic engagement
• Small classes that allow for rich staff-student interaction
• State-of-the art facilities including a purpose-built Executive MBA room
• Networking opportunities with the MBA Alumni Association
• Exceptional return on investment
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Our MBA provides you with the knowledge, transferable skills and confidence required for innovative and effective management and leadership.
- MBA graduates from NUI Galway are employed by leading organizations in both the private and public sector in a variety of different industries ranging from: Alkermes, Allergan, AIB, An Post, Atlantic Aviation, Bank of Ireland, BBraun.
- The NUI Galway MBA integrates an academically rigorous and challenging real-world business education with industry engagement and global learning.
- Career, personal and professional development is an integral part of the NUI Galway MBA programme. Individually-tailored leadership and skills development with personal mentoring.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Entry is open to graduates who have at least three years of relevant post-graduation business experience. Applications from non-graduates who have a minimum of five years relevant business experience may also be considered. To meet the criteria for relevant experience, prospective candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in areas such as management of projects, leadership of teams or business functions/units, responsibility for budget control, strategic level administration and planning. All qualifying applicants must attend an interview, after which successful candidates are chosen.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Candidates are required to submit the following:
• Application form including references and education history
• Personal statement outlining how the programme fits into your career objectives
• CV (maximum 3 pages)
• Other supporting documentation including, but not limited to, university transcripts and birth certificate
Graduates have found employment in such companies as Johnson & Johnson, Accenture, Genesys, Electric Ireland, The Irish Times, Allied Irish Banks, Big SpaceShip, Ernst &Young.