The MSc in Marketing at UCD equips students with the theoretical knowledge, analytical skills, and methodologies necessary for successful careers in marketing.
The programme has strong ties with industry, and a central element for which it is noted is a Major Marketing Project where students work on marketing strategies for leading global companies such as P&G, Unilever, Danone, Mondeléz and PepsiCo. Marketing plays a central role in creating, communicating, capturing and sustaining value for organisations, customers and society. The rapid digital evolution and increasingly savvy consumers have made it essential for organisations to build strong brands, and to engage customers effectively and in innovative ways in order to remain competitive. This environment makes it essential for modern day businesses to employ skilled marketing professionals and underpins the strong demand for our graduates.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The programme is suitable for business graduates with a marketing orientation and marketing professionals wishing to build upon their existing skills.
- The programme has strong ties with industry, and a central element for which it is noted is a Major Marketing Project where students work on marketing strategies for leading global companies such as P&G, Unilever, Danone, Mondeléz and PepsiCo.
- This environment makes it essential for modern day businesses to employ skilled marketing professionals and underpins the strong demand for our graduates.
- 98% of our graduates from this programme were employed after 6 months across a range of industry sectors.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
• A minimum second-class honors degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
• A primary degree with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a Marketing role
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing center closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates of the course work in a variety of industries, including consumer goods and food; financial services; technology; advertising and market research; or pharmaceuticals. 76% of our graduates from this programme were employed after 6 months across a range of industry sectors.
• Marketing Management
• Brand Management
• Market Research
• Digital Marketing
• Account Management
• Communications and Fundraising Coordinator