This unique action-based learning programme has successfully helped newly qualified graduates kick start their career in Marketing for over forty years.
A 37-week paid professional Marketing work placement, six taught modules, an applied project and on-site visits to companies recognized as world leaders in the practice of Marketing, is the winning combination of this award-winning programme. In the work placement students can seek to focus on a specific area of marketing including digital marketing, brand management, marketing analytics and inside sales, or can seek a general marketing role in a company. This is made possible by the broad range of companies who apply to take students from this programme every year, from tech start-ups to multi-nationals, across every conceivable sector, located all around the country. The Marketing Discipline at NUI Galway collaborates with Irish-based companies to define challenging job specifications for students on the programme. Time spent on the NUI Galway campus includes an initial three-week ‘Marketing Immersion’ along with three subsequent workshops. Taught modules are designed to equip students with the essential knowledge and skills they need to excel in a Marketing role in an organisation today. The modules are delivered through blended learning, both on campus and online. Ongoing assignments ensure continuous learning and are designed to help students apply critical thinking, innovation and creativity in bringing value to their host companies.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Graduates are highly sought after given the strong reputation of this programme.
- Recruiting graduates of the programme most recently are Google, Hubspot, SAP, IBM, Salesforce, Oracle, LinkedIn, Facebook, Yahoo, L’Oreal, Glanbia, Tesco, IKEA, AIB, Glaxo Smith Kline, Wayfair, Pathfinder, Smyths Toys and Bord Bia.
- Graduates build successful marketing careers regionally, nationally and globally in organisations across all sectors imaginable.
- Many less-well-known but equally dynamic and progressive organisations of all sizes also recruit graduates! Many start in graduate positions and quickly progress within these organisations.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
The programme is open to recent graduates of all disciplines. Normally the minimum entry requirements will be as follows:
1. Normally a Second Class Honors undergraduate degree, 2.1 (level 8) is required (or equivalent international qualification). Applicants who hold a very high 2.2 and who have achieved a 2.1 average within a significant Marketing specialism in a business degree, may be considered.
2. Applicants from a Non-Business/Marketing degree background, applying as a conversion programme, are required to successfully complete an online Principles of Marketing course, as specified by the Marketing Discipline.
3. IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates have found employment in such companies as Johnson & Johnson, Accenture, Genesys, Electric Ireland, The Irish Times, Allied Irish Banks, Big SpaceShip, Ernst &Young.
J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics MSc in Marketing Management Merit Scholarship:
NUI Galway is offering two Scholarships for the Masters in Marketing programmes. The MSc in Marketing Management commencing September 2020 is eligible for these scholarships; one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the EU tuition fees and one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the non EU tuition fees.
For more information on the scholarship application process, please contact email@example.com. Please note that to be considered for this merit based scholarship, applicants must be accepted to their chosen programmeand have achieved a H1 (or international equivalent) in their primary degree and must complete an online Scholarship Form. An individual student can only be in receipt of one Scholarship or fee waiver at any given time.