This is a unique dual degree with graduates awarded an MSc in International Management from UCD Smurfit School and a Masters in International Management (MIM) from CEMS. CEMS is a global strategic alliance of 32 leading business schools, over 70 multinational organisations and 7 NGOs.
UCD Smurfit School is the only Irish school within this elite community. In 2019 the Smurfit MSc in International Management programme was ranked 7th in the world by the Financial Times Masters in Management Global Ranking. The CEMS Master in International Management is devised by both academic and business leaders, bridging university education and business expertise, thus offering keen insight into management best practices via seminars, core courses, electives, language teaching and internships. This course is targeted at graduates with a business/economics background, fluency in English and an additional CEMS accredited language (plus another language at a beginner level to be developed through the year), excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ambition to become international business managers and leaders.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
16 Months Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
• A minimum second-class honors (Grade 1) degree (or equivalent) in Business/Economics or a related discipline.
• Fluency in English and one other CEMS language. Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ languages.
• You must submit two letters of recommendation as part of your application (Academic or Employer recommendations only).
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing center closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
• International orientation and openness
• Excellent interpersonal competencies
• A strong desire to achieve and leadership potential
Our network of corporate partners, combined with strong management learning, means that CEMS graduates are sought after by leading corporations around the world.
95% of our graduates from this programme were employed after 6 months across a range of industry sectors.
• Management Consultant
• Business Development Manager
• Competitive Intelligence Analyst
• General Management
• Strategy Consultant
• Project Manager
• Marketing Analyst