Both the Diploma and Masters courses in Healthcare Simulation and Patient Safety are on-line/distance learning courses designed to accommodate the busy healthcare provider or simulation center team member.
Healthcare simulation is the modern way to educate healthcare providers to achieve high performance and to improve patient safety. It encompasses manikin based training for team-working, task trainers for procedural skills, simulated persons for communication skills and virtual /augmented reality.
By completing the Diploma, you will learn how to use simulation in your own practice to deliver better safer healthcare. You will also learn how to use healthcare simulation for quality improvement, systems and process testing and for facilities planning. By completing the Masters programme you will go on to understand how to use simulation for research and how it can support research. If you are a healthcare provider, involved in healthcare education and research or have an interest in patient safety, then this course will be important for you. A qualification in Healthcare Simulation and Patient Safety will help you to achieve your career goals in healthcare and simulation.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
2 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The main goal of the course is to develop expertise in design and implementation of healthcare simulation.
- For those with an interest in patient safety, you will gain expertise in human factors and how healthcare processes can be improved.
- This will allow you to become a leader in education and open up opportunities in senior academic posts within healthcare.
- If running a simulation centre, you will develop skills in stakeholder engagement and demonstrating a return on investment allowing you to progress to senior management positions within organisations.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
• An honors bachelor degree at NFQ Level 8 in a relevant healthcare discipline (e.g., medicine, nursing, speech and language therapy, pharmacy), although applicants with evidence of at least three years’ equivalent professional/academic experience will be considered (e.g., emergency medicine technicians, simulation technicians).
A demonstrated proficiency in English.
• Previous experience, or an academic qualification, in the education and teaching of healthcare professionals.
• A demonstrated interest in simulation.
Medicine (No less than 6.5 in any Component)
[This requirement applies to incoming first year students only]
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
The main goal of the course is to develop expertise in design and implementation of healthcare simulation. This will allow you to become a leader in education and open up opportunities in senior academic posts within healthcare. For those with an interest in patient safety, you will gain expertise in human factors and how healthcare processes can be improved. If running a simulation center, you will develop skills in stakeholder engagement and demonstrating a return on investment allowing you to progress to senior management positions within organisations.