During the Food & Agribusiness Management degree, you’ll learn how the principles of economics and business management apply to farming, food production and marketing.
You’ll gain an understanding of how the Irish and international food systems deliver food products and services that people want, and how farmers and food manufacturers can produce proﬁtably, while also taking care of the natural environment. The four-year degree provides a unique opportunity to understand both business and science, focusing on the Agri-food sector Ireland’s largest indigenous industry. You’ll learn skills that can be used across a wide range of jobs both within and outside the Agri-food sector.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
You will spend the second semester of your third year working in the food and agribusiness industry in Ireland or abroad. This helps you apply the knowledge you have gained, and can lead directly to employment following graduation.
There are also opportunities to take a semester abroad in third year. Possibilities include: Cornell University, USA, University of California, USA, Kansas State University, USA, University of Queensland, Australia, Purdue University, USA
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
€ 25,600 p.a.
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Our graduates have an excellent record of finding employment in various sectors, including: Food processing, Food distribution and marketing, Financial services
- Graduates of this degree have reached senior positions as chief executives, business owners, plant managers, marketing managers and media editors.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses•Leaving Certificate: Minimum grade of second-class honours, grade 1 (2.1) in ﬁrst Honours Bachelor’s degree (NFQ Level 8). The degree can be in any discipline.
Minimum entry requirements
YEAR 1 ENTRY
- Example of high school qualifications that are considered for Year 1 entry are as follows:
A-Level, IB Diploma, US Diploma, SAT, ACT, AP, ILC, HKDSE, STPM, CBSE, CISCE, ATAR, CAPE and NCEA.
- If you have a different high school qualification you may have to apply for a foundation programme.
FOUNDATION YEAR ENTRY
- Students who do not meet entry requirements for Year 1 can apply for a foundation programme at most universities. Contact our counsellors for further details and advice on a suitable course for you.
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing centre closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
Our graduates have an excellent record of finding employment in various sectors, including:
• Food processing
• Food distribution and marketing
• Financial services
• Consultancy services
• Agri-food media
• Farm management
Popular graduate study programmes include: MSc and PhD by research, in economic or business issues in agriculture and food; MSc in Marketing; MAgrSc in Agricultural Extension and Innovation and MSc in Food Business Strategy.