A key feature of the Engineering with Management programme is that the class size is capped at 20 students.
This reflects a core belief in the value of small-group teaching and hands-on exercises, which is delivered through active learning strategies implemented by our world-class staff. The course is a professional engineering degree, fully accredited by Engineers Ireland, that produces graduate engineers capable of working in the competitive environment of world-class manufacturing.
Students have the opportunity of studying abroad and have the chance to be chosen for a team which travels to Stanford University and the Silicon Valley area to showcase their product design projects.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Engineering with Management is concerned with the analysis, design, improvement, installation and management of integrated systems of people, finance, materials and equipment.
- Engineering with Management is an exciting and wide-ranging engineering programme that is broad in scope and aims to develop both the technical and business aspects of engineering.
- Our graduates have the technical skills common to all excellent engineers, with this knowledge augmented by an understanding of the commercial and industrial environment and the ability to generate innovative solutions to the problems of the world.
- They have created the designs and systems to make everything from: gliders to space craft, ball-point pens to laser printers, matchbox cars to F1 racing cars, wheelchairs to artificial joints for the human body.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
The minimum matriculation requirements refer to the basic standard of application you must meet to be considered. Anything less than this will be unsuccessful outright however meeting the matriculation requirements does not guarantee admission. The standard matriculation requirements are pass grades in English, Mathematics, a language other than English, and a full set of valid subjects for your examination system.
• 3 subjects at grade 5 at Higher Level;
• 3 subjects at grade 4 at Standard Level, to include English, Mathematics and another language.
• Present six subjects at grade C or above on GCSE or Advanced Subsidiary GCE (AS) papers. Two of these subjects must be at grade C or above on Advanced GCE (A-Level) papers.
TOEFL: Internet based 90 (with a written score of 21).
IELTS: (Academic version) 6.5 (no individual band below 6). For Dental courses: IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7). For Clinical speech and language studies: IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7)
Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59).
Duolingo: Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
For Dental courses and Clinical speech and language studies: Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 120/160, dated since January 2020.
(Note: Trinity is accepting Duolingo English test on a temporary basis for 2020/21 entry).
Special Entry Requirements
• Leaving Certificate: H4 Mathematics
• Advanced GCE (A-Level): Grade C Mathematics
Graduates of the programme will be suited to jobs in the high-tech sector (e.g. computer, aerospace, pharmaceutical, medical devices, electronic) as well as traditional manufacturing (e.g. design, fabrication, assembly). They often work as project managers on teams with design and test engineers, managers, financial controllers, marketing and sales people. The qualification is also well suited to those who wish to pursue careers in project management and management consultancy as well as in the broader business and financial sectors. Past graduates are currently working in DePuySynthes, IBM, Intel, Project Management Group, JP Morgan, Davies Stockbrokers, Pfizer, Jaguar Land Rover, Denis Woods Forensic Engineers, PwC Accountancy, Accenture, and Reckitt Benckiser, and many have gone on to create tech start-up businesses.
• Year 5 is Postgraduate, pay fee as Postgraduate.
• Students who achieve a satisfactory academic standard in their third year may proceed to a 2-year Master’s cycle, which will lead to the award of an MAI (Masters in Engineering) degree. Those students who choose to graduate after four years with the B.Sc. (Ing) degree will require additional qualifications (e.g. further/alternative postgraduate study) to be eligible for professional accreditation with Engineers Ireland.