The ME in Electronic & Computer Engineering is a nine-month, full-time Masters programme designed as a follow-on to a Level 8 (Honors) degree in Electronic & Computer Engineering or equivalent.
It allows graduates to develop advanced, industry-relevant skills in a range of topics in Electronic & Computer Engineering, providing them with a Level 9 qualification that satisfies Engineers Ireland’s criteria for Chartered status.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
9 Months Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- It is expected that career opportunities for graduates of this programme will have significant growth.
- Completing the BE degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering offers a passport to national and international career opportunities in a diverse range of industries, electrical utilities and organisations which use electrical and electronic engineering expertise.
- There is an ever-increasing emphasis on the development of intelligent electrical and electronic products to provide more effective and energy-efficient solutions in industry.
- These include electronic circuit and system design; power electronics; medical electronics; healthcare; computer programming; telecommunications; automotive electronics.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Entry to the programme is open to individuals who have Second Class Honors in a Level 8 (or equivalent) degree in a related discipline from a recognized university or third-level college. Factors taken into account in determining admission will include the specific content of the undergraduate degree, the applicant’s performance and the availability of places.
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates of this programme will be well qualified to pursue careers in industry and academic research, and will be equally comfortable working in the software and hardware industries. Numerous opportunities exist for graduates of this programme in industries ranging from large multi-nationals, indigenous companies, state bodies and small businesses. Graduates may also wish to join or form their own start-up business, as many of our graduates have done so successfully in the past.