If you have a strong interest or ability in economics, maths and statistics, this degree provides everything you need for a future career in the areas of ﬁnancial economics, banking and ﬁnance.
Recognized as one of the premier degrees in Ireland and internationally in these areas, it equips students with outstanding expertise in quantitative methods, analytical skills and a rigorous preparation in economics and ﬁnance. The competence in quantitative methods and analytical skills that the programme develops are valuable on their own in many careers and provide the essential background for learning Economics & Finance.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
3 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
During your second year, we encourage you to pursue an international study experience for one semester at one of our exchange partner universities in Australia, Canada or Singapore.
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
€ 19,900 p.a.
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Recognised as one of the premier degrees in Ireland and internationally in these areas.
- Future employment or study options may include: Analytics or Risk Analysis, Stock Brokering, Fund Management
- This highly regarded degree oﬀers you exceptionally good prospects in banking and ﬁnancial services.
- Our optional One-Year Paid Internship Programme places successful students with leading companies nationally and internationally.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
YEAR 1 ENTRY
- Example of high school qualifications that are considered for Year 1 entry are as follows:
A-Level, IB Diploma, US Diploma, SAT, ACT, AP, ILC, HKDSE, STPM, CBSE, CISCE, ATAR, CAPE and NCEA.
- If you have a different high school qualification you may have to apply for a foundation programme.
FOUNDATION YEAR ENTRY
- Students who do not meet entry requirements for Year 1 can apply for a foundation programme at most universities. Contact our counsellors for further details and advice on a suitable course for you.
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing centre closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110. An interview may be required in conjunction with this.
Special Entry Requirements
This highly regarded degree oﬀers you exceptionally good prospects in banking and ﬁnancial services. Future employment or study options may include:
• Analytics or risk analysis
• Stock brokering
• Fund management
• Investment banking
• Corporate finance
Our optional one-year Internship Programme places successful students with leading companies nationally and internationally. Students may also have the opportunity to work with a voluntary/not-for-proﬁt organisation supported by a scholarship from the School of Business. All placements allow students the opportunity to enhance their business skills outside the classroom and helps inform future career decisions through real-world experience.