Earth and Ocean Sciences involve the study of the physical and chemical processes that affect planet Earth and its oceans.
In this field, you will study topical subjects, such as climate change, natural resources and the management and conservation of our oceans. Four sub-disciplines are involved: geology, geophysics, hydrogeology and oceanography, which, in different ways, look at various workings of our planet, from the atmosphere to the seabed. Earth and Ocean Sciences subjects are your ticket to a global career market. They offer the opportunity to study some of the most exciting areas in the natural sciences while being able to see at first hand their practical relevance in the world around you.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Earth and Ocean Sciences graduates can expect to have a wide range of employment opportunities in areas like: Marine Studies, Groundwater Science, Petroleum and Mining, Environmental Organisations
- They offer the opportunity to study some of the most exciting areas in the natural sciences while being able to see at first hand their practical relevance in the world around you.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Minimum Grade H5 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at O6/H7 level in the Leaving Certificate, including Irish, English, Mathematics, a laboratory science subject (i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Physics with Chemistry (joint) or Agricultural Science) and any two other subjects recognized for entry purposes.
Science and Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Earth and Ocean Sciences graduates can expect to have a wide range of employment opportunities in areas like
• Marine Studies
• Groundwater Science
• Petroleum and Mining
• Environmental Organisations
• Consulting Companies
• Remote Sensing