The MSc Digital Marketing programme at NUI Galway is designed as a specialist programme which enables students to blend traditional Marketing knowledge with the strategic, analytical and digital skills needed to enter the digital marketing workforce.
Open to business and non-business conversion graduates, students joining the programme originate from Ireland, India, China, USA, Canada, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Madagascar, Greece, Brazil, Malta, Austria, Iran and Germany. The roles that students secure reflect the diverse needs of employers and the importance of students possessing transferable skills to meet these needs, these roles include:
• Social Media Strategist
• Digital Channel Executive
• Digital Analyst
• PPC & Paid Social Specialist
• Digital Marketing Executive
• Corporate Marketing Executive
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The MSc Digital Marketing programme at NUI Galway is designed as a specialist programme which enables students to blend traditional Marketing knowledge with the strategic, analytical and digital skills needed to enter the digital marketing workforce.
- Graduates have found employment in such companies as GlaxoSmithKline, Kerry Group, Vodafone, Microsoft, SAP, Tourism Ireland, Smyths Toys, and LinkedIn.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
(a) Normally a Second Class Honors undergraduate degree, 2.1, or a 2.1 in the Higher Diploma in Business Studies, is required (or equivalent international qualification). Applicants who hold a very high 2.2 and who have achieved a 2.1 average within a significant Marketing specialism in a business degree, may be considered.
(b) The programme is open to graduates of all disciplines. Applicants from a Non-Business/Marketing degree background, applying as a conversion programme, are required to successfully complete an online Principles of Marketing test, as specified by the Marketing Discipline, prior to commencement of studies. This online Principles of Marketing test consists of studying a prescribed textbook and completing a series of Multiple Choice Questions based on each chapter of the textbook. There is no cost for this test except for the cost of purchasing the textbook.
(c) IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates have found employment in such companies as GlaxoSmithKline, Kerry Group, Vodafone, Microsoft, SAP, Tourism Ireland, Smyths Toys, and LinkedIn.
Strategic Partnerships: A number of strategic partnerships have been established to ensure curriculum design and delivery creates industry ready graduates, including:
• Lorna Ruane, Big Spaceship, USA;
• Aoife Kelly, Aviva Ireland;
• Una Casey, AnswerLab, USA;
• Fiona Donovan, HSE, Ireland.
• Siobhan McGinty, HubSpot.
• AnneMarie Scarisbrick-Hauser, Incisive Analytics, USA.
• Pauline Murnin, Insights Manager with Ervia, Ireland;
• Pauric Lenehan, Head of Digital Transformation with Post Insurance, Ireland;
• David Wilson, VP of Digital Performance and Analytics, Ipswitch, USA.