The M.Ed. programme is designed for learners who wish to develop and enrich their own knowledge and practice in their specific areas of education and who aspire to leadership positions.
M.Ed. students register on one of the twelve strands of the programme, giving them the opportunity to further their understanding of educational theory and research, contemporary issues, and practice and policy issues within their specialisms. All students also attend a common research module.
The M.Ed. programme is a modular programme and prospective applicants can choose to study on a full-time or part-time basis over two or three years. The full-time programme takes twelve months.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Participants will be involved in practice focused workshops and seminars, interactive learning environments and the use of blended learning methodologies.
- The course is open to academic staff at all levels within the higher education system, as well as appropriately qualified professionals who aim to pursue an academic career.
- The course employs a variety of innovative approaches, including problem based learning and micro-teaching sessions.
- Students can work during studies.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
An application form, two academic references and an up-to-date CV are required for all applications. Students applying to the Full-time route are also required to submit a description of their area of research interest.
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
Special Entry Requirements
The M.Ed. is an academic programme and not a professional programme. While the M.Ed. allows students to explore issues in education and aims to enhance participants’ knowledge and practice in educational spheres, it is not designed so as to qualify graduates to teach.