The MSc in Computer Science is a flexible,
innovative programme which builds on the established portfolio of CS graduate taught courses but is customized to individual student needs and their prior learning experiences.
• The student has the opportunity to select modules, from a suite of diverse module offerings, that best align with their own individual needs and career goals.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The student has the opportunity to select modules, from a suite of diverse module offerings, that best align with their own individual needs and career goals.
- Recent graduates have secured roles in areas including: hardware design, software engineering & QA, data programming & analysis, commercialisation of technology, teaching & training, senior management & CEO roles, security & forensics consultancy, and bioinformatics R&D.
- Previous graduates are in demand and among their recent career destinations are employers Google, SAP, Intel, PayPal, Deloitte, Microsoft, Symantec, HMH, Vilicom, Murex, NYSE Technologies, Realex Payments, Version 1, Salesforce, Pfi zer, Ericsson, and Intune Networks.
- You have the option to select modules with a very specifi c thematic focus or you may select modules from one of the pre-defi ned themes covered by the programme.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
• This programme is intended for applicants with a Computer Science or ICT background. An upper second class honours degree, or the international equivalent in computer science or a related area or a minimum of three years’ relevant industrial work experience is required.
• Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
• These are the minimum entry requirements additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing center closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
Previous graduates are in demand and among their recent career destinations are employers Google, SAP, Intel, PayPal, Deloitte, Microsoft, Symantec, HMH, Vilicom, Murex, NYSE Technologies, Realex Payments, Version1, Salesforce, Pfizer, Ericsson, and Intune Networks. Recent graduates have secured roles in areas including: hardware design, software engineering & QA, data programming & analysis, commercialization of technology, teaching & training, senior management & CEO roles, security & forensics consultancy and bioinformatics R&D.