Computer Science is a relatively young field and is showing rapid growth
in terms of scientific and technological advancement and in terms of impact on diverse aspects of human existence.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
36 Months Full-time (3 Years)
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Study abroad: If you are studying through the BA International, you will spend Year 3 studying at one of our partner universities abroad. We currently have links with universities in: Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden Mexico, and the USA.
Work placement: If you study through the BA or the BA International, you will have the opportunity to avail of a work placement in Year 2.
Application Closing Date
Open for applications
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- We currently have links with universities in: Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden Mexico, and the USA.
- A coordinated series of lectures, tutorials, practicals and project assignment work are used for individual courses as appropriate.
- Teaching methods used in the Department of Computer Science ensure a meaningful integration of the theoretical and practical aspects of computing.
- If you study through the BA or the BA International, you will have the opportunity to avail of a work placement in Year 2.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
- Leaving Certificate:
At Least six subjects must be presented. Minimum grade requirement of 2*H5 and 4*O6/H7. Applicants will need to meet the following minimum entry requirements:
Other Language: O6/H7
- A-Levels: C C C
- IB: 26″
Duolingo English Test (DET): DET score of 120 or better
Please note: Applicants scoring DET 110 or 115 will be required to sit a UCC Language Centre Skills Check before receiving an offer. Applicants presenting with one of these two scores should contact the UG EU Admissions Office directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCC has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake.
IELTS: College of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Social Sciences: All Programmes. 6.5 Minimum individual sections 5.5
TOELF: College of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Social Sciences: All Programmes.
- TOEFL 90: Listening 17; Reading 18; Speaking 20; Writing 17
Pearson PTE Academic: College of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Social Sciences: All Programmes. 63 Minimum individual sections 51″