To achieve a truly global perspective on business, it is necessary to immerse yourself in the culture, and not just learn the vocabulary.
Students of the BCIT course are well-grounded in the theory and practice of business management and equipped to understand and comment critically on business issues. Students are brought to a high level of language proﬁciency and cultural sensitivity which enables them to live abroad for a year and to study business through their chosen language. While this immersive experience is a demanding challenge, education experts have shown that these multicultural competencies are strongly linked with innovative thinking and creative performance.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
€ 19,900 p.a.
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- BComm International graduates ﬁnd employment in the private, public and not-for-proﬁt or NGO sectors, or set up their own companies.
- Students of the BCIT course are well-grounded in the theory and practice of business management and equipped to understand and comment critically on business issues.
- Many diﬀerent career paths are available, and students who can combine an international language with a business qualiﬁcation are highly employable graduates for multinational companies.
- To achieve a truly global perspective on business, it is necessary to immerse yourself in the culture, and not just learn the vocabulary.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
YEAR 1 ENTRY
- Example of high school qualifications that are considered for Year 1 entry are as follows:
A-Level, IB Diploma, US Diploma, SAT, ACT, AP, ILC, HKDSE, STPM, CBSE, CISCE, ATAR, CAPE and NCEA.
- If you have a different high school qualification you may have to apply for a foundation programme.
FOUNDATION YEAR ENTRY
- Students who do not meet entry requirements for Year 1 can apply for a foundation programme at most universities. Contact our counsellors for further details and advice on a suitable course for you.
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing centre closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110. An interview may be required in conjunction with this.
Special Entry Requirements
BComm International graduates ﬁnd employment in the private, public and not-for-proﬁt or NGO sectors, or set up their own companies. Many diﬀerent career paths are available, and students who can combine an international language with a business qualiﬁcation are highly employable graduates for multinational companies. In addition, the focus on multicultural competencies gives BCIT graduates a unique competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
- Students will need a minimum of grade H4 in LC French (or equivalent) to take any French language combinations.
- Chinese speakers at HSK6 or native speaker standard are not eligible for Chinese language.
- Beginners German combined with beginners Spanish is not available.