Combining business subjects with the study of the French language and culture, this degree will equip you with the skills and knowledge to work in a fast-changing global business environment.
The BComm (International) with French will bring your knowledge of French to a near-native standard and will develop the kind of cultural awareness that equips you to operate in a different society. You will also engage with the core areas which allow you to understand how business works.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
48 Months Full-time (4 Years)
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
The BComm (International) with French includes a full year of study abroad. This year provides the opportunity for immersion in French language and culture, combined with the study of European and international business from a French perspective. In some of our partner institutions, the year abroad may offer the possibility of a work placement.
The year abroad is supported by the EU Erasmus course, which means you would belong to a Europe-wide network of mobile citizen-students.
Application Closing Date
Open for applications
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Language study typically appeals to students who relish the challenge of study in breadth, simply because proficiency in language demands the development of a wide range of skills.
- If your ambition is to become a rounded business professional, capable of operating in international environments, then this is the degree for you.
- What makes this degree attractive is that you can at the same time bring this capacity to bear on the study of business.
- You will also engage with the core areas which allow you to understand how business works.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
At Least six subjects must be presented. Minimum grade H3 in one subject, minimum grade H5 in one subject and minimum grade O6/H7 in four other subjects.
- Leaving Certificate:
Other Language O6/H7
- IB: 31
- A-Level: B B C
Duolingo English Test (DET): DET score of 120 or better
Please note: Applicants scoring DET 110 or 115 will be required to sit a UCC Language Centre Skills Check before receiving an offer. Applicants presenting with one of these two scores should contact the UG EU Admissions Office directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCC has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake.
IELTS: College of Business and Law: All Programmes. 6.0 Minimum individual sections 5.5
TOEFL: College of Business and Law: All Programmes
- TOEFL 80: Listening 17; Reading 18; Speaking 20; Writing 17
Pearson PTE Academic: College of Business and Law: All Programmes. 59 Minimum individual sections 51
Special Entry Requirements
One of the attractions and one of the challenges of the BComm (International) with French is that you will engage with a wide range of subject areas. You will develop both a quantitative and a qualitative understanding of culture and of business from an international perspective. You will also, of course, learn how to operate between and across languages and cultures, developing at once an enhanced set of communicative and intercultural capacities. These skills are highly sought by national and international employers.