This programme is delivered at the Shannon College Campus in Co Clare. In 2015 Shannon College of Hotel Management became a College of NUI Galway.
The BComm in International Hotel Management at Shannon College of Hotel Management incorporates a year of studies at the NUI Galway campus in the fourth year. Students who choose this degree will develop a unique set of skills combining professional practical training, language development, hands on work experience in the international hotel industry and extensive commerce theory specializing in a chosen business field. Students will gain international experience during their studies, making them highly sought after graduates. This has been reflected in the 100% employment record on graduation day since the college was founded in 1951. This is a very unique and versatile qualification, perfect for a student who is interested in a career in the international hotel industry or business.
All applicants must attend a selection interview, for which up to 300 points may be awarded. Shannon College will contact all students directly by post after CAO closing dates to arrange their interview. Please notify Shannon College’s Admissions Office if you do not receive correspondence from the college shortly after the CAO closing dates. Interviews are normally held in April and also in July as the course is not restricted.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Minimum Grade H5 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at O6/H7 level in the Leaving Certificate, including Irish, English, another language, Mathematics, and any two other subjects recognized for entry purposes.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
1. Interview Points
2. Requires a minimum overall score of 6 IELTS. If using Duolingo, the equivalent requirement is a score of 95-100.
- In Year 4, students also have the option to transfer to the BComm (International) Degree at NUI Galway which allows students to pursue French or German while completing the final year of the BComm. Admission to the BComm (International) is subject to meeting NUI Galway’s Leaving Certificate language entry requirements and places are limited.
- Work Placements: Shannon College has strong partnerships with industry, working with over 100 Hotels across 16 countries worldwide. Students will work for a total of 21 months during their degree programme, gaining invaluable international experience within the hotel industry while also improving their language and communication skills.