The aim of the programme is to give students the necessary knowledge, skills, networks and experience to succeed in the business world, but also in their workplace, work-life and communities.
The Bachelor of Commerce (Global Experience) degree is a new four-year comprehensive business course, where students complete modules from all different areas of business in the first two years of the degree. In year three students undertake a work placement, study abroad or a combination of the work placement and study abroad. In final year students specialize in one stream, from Accounting & Performance Measurement, Economics & Public Policy, Management of Human Resources, Marketing Management, Digital Business & Analytics, Finance, Business Law or International Business.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Students taking the B Comm (Global Experience) (GY209) undertake study abroad in year 3 of the programme. Our current partner universities offer students the opportunity to study through English in the USA, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Graduates are highly successful and sought after in all areas of business, including Accounting, Management consultancy, Taxation, Public service.
- Our current partner universities offer students the opportunity to study through English in the USA, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- The work placement and international study experience increases the career opportunities, both at home and abroad.
- Final year students in the J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics are provided with the opportunity to put the business knowledge they have gained through their studies into practice through a module in Innovation.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Minimum Grade H5 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at O6/H7 level in the Leaving Certificate, including Irish, English, another language, Mathematics, and any two other subjects recognized for entry purposes.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates are highly successful and sought after in all areas of business, including Accounting, Management consultancy, Taxation, Public service, Commercial advisory services, Economic policy advice, Marketing, Human resource management, Information systems management, Finance, Personnel management, Teaching and/or research. The work placement and international study experience increases the career opportunities, both at home and abroad. Graduates can also go on to select from a range of postgraduate programmes in their chosen discipline at the J.E. Cairnes School of Business and Economics.
Students taking the B Comm (Global Experience) (GY209) have the opportunity undertake a semester work placement in year 3 of the programme.
Work Placement partners include: • DHKN • Corrib Oil • Grant Thornton • KPMG • Accenture • Abbott • Wayfair • ESB Group • Medtronic • Shelbourne Hotel • Boston Scientific • Alkermes • PwC • Aviva • Aerogen • Zurich • Creganna.