The aim of this course is to enable students to develop their current skills set, through teaching and their own research, in order to work at an advanced level in Clinical Dentistry.
The course will expand students’ knowledge and skills in the management of patients and enable students to critically evaluate and participate in research in this area. The course uses a range of assessments, which give students the opportunity to produce assessed work which is highly relevant to the clinical environment and which develops independent life-long learning skills.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Trinity is the #1 ranked university in Ireland. And Ireland is consistently voted one of the safest and friendliest cities in the world.
- The aim of this course is to enable students to develop their current skills set, through teaching and their own research, in order to work at an advanced level in Clinical Dentistry.
- Ireland is one of the only European countries to provide a 2 year graduate work visa. Students can work during studies.
- The course uses a range of assessments, which give students the opportunity to produce assessed work which is highly relevant to the clinical environment and which develops independent life-long learning skills.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
• To hold a P.Grad.Dip. in Clinical Dentistry or a similar postgraduate Dental Diplomas either in Trinity or from elsewhere in Ireland or the UK
• To hold an honors primary degree in Dental Science
• To have a minimum of one year’s professional experience in the field of general dental practice within the past two years
• To be registered with the Dental Council of Ireland for the duration of the course
• Applicants must have evidence of satisfactory seroconversion for protection against Hepatitis B. New regulations may require testing for Hepatitis C for new entrants to the HSE.
• Applicants will also be required to undergo Garda (Police) Vetting.
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
Special Entry Requirements
In exceptional circumstances, the Admissions Sub-Committee shall make appropriate recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies for a candidate who does not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise.