This programme offers an exciting way of learning about business concepts, theories and models, in a variety of subject areas,
as well as getting to grips in an in-depth and comprehensive manner with another country’s language, its society, culture and business environment,the third year of which is spent studying abroad. From start to finish, whether as beginners (on the ab initio Russian and Polish* streams) or as more advanced learners (in French, German or Spanish), you will be required to demonstrate a high level of motivation and commitment to mastering core business modules and to all aspects of language learning
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- This programme offers an exciting way of learning about business concepts, theories and models, in a variety of subject areas, as well as getting to grips in an in-depth and comprehensive manner with another country’s language, its society, culture and business environment,the third year of which is spent studying abroad.
- The distinctiveness of Trinity’s B.B.S. (Lang.) degrees centres on the following: society and culture of the relevant country are provided by experts who are continuously conducting research in their specialist field of study; and in most case
- From start to finish, whether as beginners (on the ab initio Russian and Polish* streams) or as more advanced learners (in French, German or Spanish)
- students complete a work placement in the target culture in order to apply and develop their business and language skills in a professional setting.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
The minimum matriculation requirements refer to the basic standard of application you must meet to be considered. Anything less than this will be unsuccessful outright however meeting the matriculation requirements does not guarantee admission. The standard matriculation requirements are pass grades in English, Mathematics, a language other than English, and a full set of valid subjects for your examination system.
• 3 subjects at grade 5 at Higher Level;
• 3 subjects at grade 4 at Standard Level, to include English, Mathematics and another language.
• Present six subjects at grade C or above on GCSE or Advanced Subsidiary GCE (AS) papers. Two of these subjects must be at grade C or above on Advanced GCE (A-Level) papers.
TOEFL: Internet based 90 (with a written score of 21).
IELTS: (Academic version) 6.5 (no individual band below 6). For Dental courses: IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7). For Clinical speech and language studies: IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7)
Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59).
Duolingo: Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
For Dental courses and Clinical speech and language studies: Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 120/160, dated since January 2020.
(Note: Trinity is accepting Duolingo English test on a temporary basis for 2020/21 entry).
Special Entry Requirements
• Leaving Certificate: O4/H6 Mathematics; H3 German
• Advanced GCE (A-Level): Grade C German
• GCSE: Grade B Mathematics
On graduation you will have a strong academic knowledge of international business and management, together with a high-level of competence in the language you have studied. Recent graduates are employed in Ireland and abroad by leading international companies such as Google, KPMG, AIB Capital Markets and Goldman Sachs, as well as by consultancy organisations, embassies and public sector bodies. Many are working in marketing or international management roles while others occupy more specialist positions (e.g. as analysts or researchers). Some proceed to undertake further study and research in international business at postgraduate level.