The BSc in Business Information Systems (BIS) specialises in the key skills that are essential to the success of professionals in modern information technology and information systems.
The goals of this a four-year degree course are to:
• educate: provide a worthwhile and memorable student experience
• collaborate: join with business to ensure BIS students gain cutting edge skills in business and IT, while also linking with businesses to provide innovative IS-related expertise
• innovate: cultivate and apply expertise in teaching, research and development.
Our BIS Advisory Board, incorporating a number of the most senior Irish business executives, is there to advise and ensure UCC BIS courses are world-class, relevant, and attractive to businesses nationally and internationally.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
48 Months Full-time (4 Years)
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
BIS students undertake placement with major multinationals and innovative start-ups in New York, Boston, London, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Dublin, Cork, and elsewhere, in the financial services, technology, business consulting, medical, and other industry sectors.
Application Closing Date
Open for applications
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- long-term links with businesses
- visa and emigration documentation support
- CV and interview preparation
- BIS has a dedicated internal placement team to help you undertake a six-month paid business internship as part of the placement programme.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
At Least six subjects must be presented. Minimum grade H5 in two subjects and minimum grade O6/H7 in four other subjects.
- Leaving Certificate:
Other Language O6/H7
- IB: 31
- A-Level: B B C
Duolingo English Test (DET): DET score of 120 or better
Please note: Applicants scoring DET 110 or 115 will be required to sit a UCC Language Centre Skills Check before receiving an offer. Applicants presenting with one of these two scores should contact the UG EU Admissions Office directly by emailing email@example.com.
UCC has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake.
IELTS: College of Business and Law: All Programmes. 6.0 Minimum individual sections 5.5
TOEFL: College of Business and Law: All Programmes
- TOEFL 80: Listening 17; Reading 18; Speaking 20; Writing 17
Pearson PTE Academic: College of Business and Law: All Programmes. 59 Minimum individual sections 51
Special Entry Requirements
The types of jobs our graduates get include:
- Business/Systems Analyst
- Software Developer
- Trainee Accountant
- User Experience (UX) Analyst
- Project Manager
- Web Developer
- Security Consultant
- Business Entrepreneur
- Business/IT/Management Consultant.