This MSc aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a successful career in biotechnology.
Through tutorials, lectures, assignments and a research project, the course focuses on the development and application of biological processes in research, commercial and industrial settings. The programme is suitable for applicants who have a primary degree in Biological Sciences and wish to develop a career in a sector of high employment.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Biotechnologists find employment in rewarding jobs across the growing 'smart economy', including industries such as biopharmaceuticals, diagnostics, healthcare, and the environment.
- Graduates are equipped with a wide range of capabilities and practical experience, including business and language skills, which complement their knowledge of biology.
- Employment opportunities are also available in research and teaching.
- This also allows them to move into areas such as management and marketing, where the biotech revolution continues to open doors.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Candidates must hold at least a Second Class Honors, Level 8 (or equivalent international qualification) primary degree in Science or a related subject, with a strong background in Biological Sciences. For applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS score of at least 6.5 is required, with not less than 6.0 in any one component.
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
A wide range of career options exist for graduates of this programme, such as employment in pharmaceutical industries, diagnostic services and academic research. Furthermore, this programme is a springboard to PhD research opportunities. Our recent graduates have found employment with Abbott, Allergan, ICON Clinical Research, Norbrook Laboratories, Regeneron and Pfizer. They are pursuing careers in manufacturing, quality assurance, product development and research, as well as in the broader sectors of sales, marketing and regulatory affairs.