You’ll learn about the recent themes and trends transforming the business landscape, such as globalization, technological change, and environmental sustainability.
The BComm is a globally recognized business degree, designed for ambitious and achievement-orientated students who want to make a signiﬁcant impact in the business world. Combining strong theoretical understanding with the practical skills needed for graduate employment, students are assured of a challenging and relevant programme for the modern business world. You’ll learn to become an independent and critical thinker and a cogent and compelling communicator; able to work seamlessly in groups; to develop the technical and mathematical skills to analyse and make sense of business data and intelligence.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
3 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
In second year, you have the opportunity to study abroad for a semester in one of our partner universities in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore.
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
€ 19,900 p.a.
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- Possible career paths include: Accountancy (e.g. professional training in industry, management accountants, auditors), Banking and finance (e.g. investment banker, stockbroker, venture capitalist), Human Resources Management (e.g.HR manager, ergonomist, training consultancy)
- You’ll learn about the recent themes and trends transforming the business landscape, such as globalisation, technological change, and environmental sustainability.
- The Bachelor of Commerce is a globally recognised business degree, designed for ambitious and achievement-orientated students who want to make a signiﬁcant impact in the business world.
- All placements allow students the opportunity to enhance their business skills outside the classroom and helps inform future career decisions through real-world experience.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
YEAR 1 ENTRY
- Example of high school qualifications that are considered for Year 1 entry are as follows:
A-Level, IB Diploma, US Diploma, SAT, ACT, AP, ILC, HKDSE, STPM, CBSE, CISCE, ATAR, CAPE and NCEA.
- If you have a different high school qualification you may have to apply for a foundation programme.
FOUNDATION YEAR ENTRY
- Students who do not meet entry requirements for Year 1 can apply for a foundation programme at most universities. Contact our counsellors for further details and advice on a suitable course for you.
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing centre closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110. An interview may be required in conjunction with this.
Special Entry Requirements
Possible career paths include:
• Accountancy (e.g. professional training in industry, management accountants, auditors)
• Banking and finance (e.g. investment banker, stockbroker, venture capitalist)
• Human Resources Management (e.g.HR manager, ergonomist, training consultancy)
• Information Systems (e.g. data analyst, ICT project leader, business analysts)
• Management (e.g.management consultant, entrepreneur, supply chain manager)
• Marketing (e.g. advertising, brand management, social media manager)
Our optional one-year Internship Programme places successful students with leading companies nationally and internationally. Students can apply to take their internship in a voluntary/not-for-profit organisation or the start-up sector, supported by the Business and Society and new Enterprise Internship Scholarships, supported by the School of Business. All placements allow students the opportunity to enhance their business skills outside the classroom and helps inform future career decisions through real-world experience.