The MSc in Aviation Finance aims to advance students’ understanding of all aspects of aviation finance, with a specific focus on the practical features of global aviation markets.
It encourages students to develop creative and analytical approaches to problem-solving in the aviation finance and leasing sphere and to enhance interpersonal and leadership skills. It is the only MSc Aviation Finance Degree in Europe and is supported by leading aircraft leasing companies through internships, scholarships and research projects. It is suitable for graduates from a wide variety of disciplines including business, economics, finance, engineering and science who want to pursue a career in the highly dynamic sector of aviation finance and leasing.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
€ 23,950 p.a.
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- It is the only MSc Aviation Finance Degree in Europe and is supported by leading aircraft leasing companies through internships, scholarships and research projects.
- A variety of workshops, events, one-to-one career appointments and access to a range of online tools and resources prepare you for future opportunities.
- It is suitable for graduates from a wide variety of disciplines including business, economics, finance, engineering and science who want to pursue a career in the highly dynamic sector of aviation finance and leasing.
- 100% of our graduates from this programme were employed after 6 months across a range of industry sectors.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
An honors bachelor business degree with a minimum 2.1 award at NFQ Level 8 (or international equivalent) and applicants are required to have demonstrated strong academic ability (a 1.1 or 2.1) in at least one accounting module and one finance module.
• IELTS: An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475+
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (Ibt) with a score of at least 20 in each section.
• Pearson English Language Text: Minimum of 63 and at least 59 for each item in the Communicative Skills section.
• Temporary measure for 2020 ONLY (Response to Covid 19): For students affected by testing center closures due to COVID-19, UCD has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2020 intake. The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 110.
Special Entry Requirements
• Credit Risk Analysis
• Pricing Analyst
• Financial Modelling
• Risk Management
• Aviation Leasing Marketing and Negotiations
92% of our graduates from this programme were employed after 6 months across a range of industry sectors. (Source: Latest Graduate Outcomes Survey)