The BA degree in Drama, Theater and Performance Studies is an exciting 4 year denominated programme developed for students with a keen interest in all aspects of drama and performance, including all forms of theater practice.
This world-class programme provides a unique opportunity to study drama, theater and performance from a practical, theoretical and historical perspective. You will explore all aspects of theater, including acting, directing, play-writing, design and more. There are also specialized classes in such areas as Musical Theater, Theater for Children and Young Audiences, and Arts Management. Teaching on the programme will take a variety of forms, from lectures and seminars to practical workshops, performances and internships. One of the most innovative features of the programme is its emphasis on putting learning into practice, through seminars in acting, design and directing, through workshops with professional theater companies, and through the option of internships with arts organisations and professional placements in Year Three.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
4 Years Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- The BA degree in Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies is an exciting 4 year denominated programme developed for students with a keen interest in all aspects of drama and performance, including all forms of theatre practice.
- Graduates of this degree will have the ability to pursue careers in the performing arts, information technology, education, the public service, film and television media, heritage and tourism, business, and may also pursue further academic study in the area of drama, theatre and performance.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
Minimum Grade H5 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at O6/H7 Grades in the Leaving Certificate, including Irish, English, another language, and three other subjects recognized for entry purposes. Students are not required to audition or submit portfolios.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates of this degree will have the ability to pursue careers in the performing arts, information technology, education, the public service, film and television media, heritage and tourism, business, and may also pursue further academic study in the area of drama, theater and performance.