This programme has been developed with reference to the Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) syllabus.
Therefore, significant exemptions from the CAI examinations are available. Graduates of the M.Acc. are granted full exemption from CAI’s CAP2 examinations, provided that they have full exemption from CAI’s CAP1 examinations before taking the M.Acc. MAcc. graduates’ success in recent professional examinations. Our graduates consistently achieve very high places in the Final Admitting Examination of Chartered Accountants Ireland and in the final examination of the Irish Tax Institute (AITI). In the recent professional exams, our graduates Aisling Curtin and Sarah Finnegan obtained second and third place respectively in CAI’s Final Admitting Examination and Nora Cosgrove was placed second in the final examinations of the Irish Taxation Institute.
What you need to know
Where is the course located?
What is the length of the course?
12 Months (1 Year) Full-time
When can I apply?
You can apply today
When does the course start?
Application Closing Date
Open for an application
Number of Places
Fees and Funding
Non-EU Tuition Fees
Living Costs per year
Features and Benefits
- A wide range of career choices are open to graduates, in particular in the accounting and tax consultancy professions.
- Most participants on the programme are sponsored (and subsequently employed) by major accounting firms, such as KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and Ernst & Young
How to Apply
Once you are ready to start your application, please click on APPLY NOW
As part of your application, you will be required to submit:
- Your academic history and transcripts (Actual and/or Predicted Grades)
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Personal Statement
- Extra requests for certain courses
Minimum entry requirements
The minimum entry requirement is a H2.1 honors degree (NFQ Level 8) in Business or Commerce, with a significant specialization in Accounting. Students are required to have full (or nearly full) exemptions from the CAI’s CAP1 examinations before embarking on the MAcc programme.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any Component)
IELTS: 6.5 Overall
Pearson (PTE): 61
Duolingo English Test (DET)**: 110
• Temporary measure for 2020 only in response to COVID-19
Special Entry Requirements
A wide range of career choices are open to graduates, in particular in the accounting and tax consultancy professions. Most participants on the programme are sponsored (and subsequently employed) by major accounting firms, such as KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and Ernst & Young